Recipe by CoffeeMom
This sauce is good for serving with pancakes, waffles, ice cream, etc. Best served hot or warm.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cornstarch with 4 tbsp cold water. Put to the side.
- In a sauce pan, combine lemon juice, orange juice, 1 cup of water, and sugar. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, then increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cornstarch and cold water that was set aside.
- Return the pan to heat and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Once sauce has thickened, remove from heat and add butter. Stir until the butter is melted.