- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 5 slices fresh bread, cut into cubes
- 10 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add chopped onions and saute 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Place onions and bread cubes in large bowl.
- Stir in milk, eggs, 3/4 cup cheese and salt.
- Pour into lightly greased 1 1/2qt souffle or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25minutes or until set.