Recipe by Blayke Humphrey
Great low-fat appetizer or comfort food for just sitting around watchin' Oprah.
- 2 large sweet onions (purple or Vidalia)
- 1 head garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel and quarter onions.
- Place onions on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over onions and sprinkle with half the salt.
- Remove outer layer of garlic and wrap in foil.
- Place foil packet on baking sheet and bake with onions for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Remove and let cool.
- mix remaining ingredients.
- Chop onions and mince garlic, and add to dip.
- Cover and chill overnight.