- 1 lb vidalia onion, sliced and separated into rings (about 2 large)
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place onions and mushrooms in a lightly greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Whisk together whipping cream,egg and salt.
- Pour over onion and mushroom mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Add cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until cheese melts.