Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Joan of Arc; posted for ZWT 5. I have made this before and it is decadent!
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 14 ounces brie round (small wheel)
- crackers or baguette, slices
- fresh fruit (i.e. apple or pear slices)
- Combine nuts, brown sugar and butter into small saucepan.
- Heat until sugar and butter are melted.
- Place brie round into a shallow, round baking dish.
- Pour nut mixture over and bake at 400º for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers, baguette slices or fruit.
I love baked brie and this recipe is certainly no exception. Awesome recipe alligirl, quick,easy to make, with few ingredients. Resulting in a spectular treat, which I enjoyed today for lunch. I scaled down for one person and baked in the oven. I used half a small double cream brie and Ace Sesame Mini Baguette Crisps. Sooo good. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for 2010 Favorites :)
This one's killer! I made this just for myself so simplified a little. I cut the recipe down to one serving, then rather than bake the brie, I took a small chunk at a time and microwaved it on the defrost setting just until it started to melt a bit, then spooned on some of the topping and ate it with crackers. For the topping I toasted the nuts in the butter then added the brown sugar. What an amazing treat, this is rich and delicious! Thank alli for another great recipe! Made for PRMRT
There is no better appetizer than this in the world! So simple, and so delicious! I assembled this at home and brought it to a dinner party where it was definitely a hit. I scraped some of the white rind off the brie, but didn't cut through it. I made it in a little pottery dish that was just perfect because the brie spreads out as it melts so a flat pan wouldn't have looked as pretty. This is going to be my signature appetizer from now on. Yum, yum, yum!