Recipe by The Daycare Lady
“This slow cooker recipe is perfect for parties. Put the wings in before you prepare for the party, and in a few hours, you'll have wonderful appetizers!” -Ida Tuey of Kokomo, Indiana From Quick Cooking 2009
Top Review by sarikat
Tried these for the first time today. I felt the sauce was a little bland, so next time I'll adjust to my taste. But oh my goodness, these come out fall-off-the-bone tender! I will definitely make again. Also, I had about 4lbs of wings and I cooked on low for four hours.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (about 30)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken wings with a dash of salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 5-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, Liquid Smoke if desired and remaining salt; pour over wings. Toss to coat. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.