Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although this recipe comes from Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009, I made a minor change or two!
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, large, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (11 ounce) jar salsa, chunky, mild
- 3⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 4 -5 cups brown rice, cooked & hot
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag along with the cubes of chicken, tossing to coat!
- Heat oil in a large skillet & brown chicken until no longer pink, about 12-15 minutes.
- Combine salsa & preserves & stir the mixture into the skillet with the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with rice.
What delicious and unusual flavors. The sweetness really works with the spiciness in this dish. I did break down and used a mild salsa, against my will because I really like hot foods. So instead I had half a jalapeno left from another recipe so diced it up and threw it in. Just added enough heat to make me happy. I do think too much would take away from the overall flavor. Because it had so much Mexican flavor I topped it off with a sprinkling of cilantro. I could see adding in some chopped green of red peppers and maybe chunks of onion. Excellent! Thanks for posting. :)
Yum! Made as written except had to use smooshed up canned peaches cause I couldn't find preserves anywhere! Even my daughter, who's sick and hasn't eaten much lately, thought it was great. This is headed into the tried and true file!
Made for Newest Zaar Tag! This was wonderful! DH & DS couldn't stop talking about how good it was. It was quick and easy and I used my own taco seasoning mix. I thought that the meat alone without the jam and salsa would make a good filling for fajitas or tacos. Thanks for posting this Mike!