Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favourite bread machine bread. It makes a 1 lb loaf. The original came from Bread Machine Magic which called for macadamia nuts but since I can't find those here I have always use pecans or almonds. If you can get macadamia nuts go ahead and use them. I will always wonder what this bread would be like with them. I sometimes use oil in place of the butter or margarine but you may need an additional tbsp or 2 of flour. This bread is wonderful toasted and I also love it for a cheese sandwich!
- 1⁄3 cup canned pineapple chunk, coarsely chopped and well drained
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, from canned pineapple
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup sliced firm banana
- 2 cups bread flour, plus extra if needed
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place sugar and salt in bread machine. Add buttermilk, pineapple juice, egg, butter, chopped pineapple, and sliced banana.
- Add flours, baking soda, coconut and nuts. Place yeast on top or add as per your machine instructions.
- Run machine on light crust setting if your machine has this option. Check the dough after the first couple of minutes of kneading and add additional few tsp of flour or milk if needed to bring the dough to the right consistancy for your machine. When done, remove from pan and cool at least 1 hour before slicing. Enjoy!