Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for tea to be made in a 3 quart Mr Coffee Iced Tea Pot. You could probably make it in a saucepan on top of the stove. You can make it as sweet and cinnamonny as you want to. It is very refreshing.
- Put the cinnamon candies in the bottom of the container/well the tea bags go in Put tea bags on top of them.
- Fill the water well of the Iced Tea Pot with water.
- If you don't want to have ice in the pitcher while tea is brewing, you can fill water well a second time.
- Turn the Iced Tea Pot on.
- As tea is brewing, make sure candies are melting.
- You might have to help them along with a fork or spoon.
- If a sweeter tea is desired, put the sugar in the 1/2 cup water and mix well to dissolve sugar.
- Pour into pitcher of tea and stir.
- Pour tea over ice in tall glasses.
- Can also be poured into a cup and heated in a microwave oven for hot tea.
Beautiful color! We did not add any sugar as the red hots made it sweet enough. I also made it in a coffee pot instead of a tea maker but it worked out fine.
WOW!! This made an awesome brew of tea. I filled up the water well, because I don't put ice in the pitcher while the tea is brewing. I did have to help the cinnamon candies along but they melted and the flavor was incredible. Didn't add extra sugar--all my taste testers thought it was fine without. I made 6 quarts and we took it to a UA tailgate. I poured into gallon jugs and packed it up in an icechest. Very refreshing and everyone loved it. Thanks AWW.
I'm sorry, but I didn't care for the iced tea. The cinnamon taste in the red hots candies seemed to over power the taste of this beverage. I did however, added 2 more tea bags, which gave the tea a nice tea taste to it, but other than that, I didn't care for the end results. I ended up throwing out the tea.