1/1 Photo of Sweet Elizabeth's Salmon Croquettes
Are these ever good! There's just something about Soul Food! It's made with such love and feeling. Soul food is the mother of comfort food. I hope you will enjoy. Cooking times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans salmon, juice reserved
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, seasoning*
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon jamaican allspice, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1Put both cans of salmon with the juice in a large bowl.Break the salmon up gently with a fork and remove all bones.
- 2Add peppers, onions, spices, and herbs and mix well.
- 3Gently mix in the eggs. Mix with your hands, add cornmeal and flour until the mixture holds together.
- 4Form the salmon mixture into patties and lightly sprinkle with cornmeal Coat the patties with the bread crumbs.
- 5Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the canola oil. When the oil is hot but not smoking, fry the croquettes until browned and heated through, turning once. Remove the croquettes from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- 6*Old Bay seasoning is a commercial mixture of cayenne, garlic,paprika, and sea salt. You can make your own by just mixing equal amounts of the ingredients. Keep tightly sealed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Elizabeth's Salmon Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.8
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 563.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning
Chinese five spice powder