Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a nice mild flavour for chicken. I've used regular mustard with sweet onion for this and it turned out well. Serve the sauce over rice or couscous---delicious!
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, mustard, margarine, curry powder and garlic.
- Place chicken thighs in a single layer in a 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Pour honey mixture over top and turn the chicken so it is completely covered.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from sauce and place on a warmed platter.
- Place remaining sauce into a small saucepan and boil over medium heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes -- or put two tablespoons of cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water into low boiling sauce in saucepan and stir until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
I've made this meal several times and it has become a family favorite. Today I'll attempt a crockpot version...we'll see how it goes :) Thanks for this recipe. It was an awesome introduction to the flavor of curry for my preschool aged sons- they always ask for seconds (sometimes thirds!). I really can't praise this recipe enough!