Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my familys favorite side dish with salmon or chilli. It is quick and easy to make.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup nonfat milk or 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- mix all ingredients together and pour into a 9x9 inch pan. (Make sure to oil the pan so it wont stick to the pan).
- Bake for 25-30min. Test it with a toothpick and poke it in the middle. It will be done if the tooth pick comes out clean.
A nice basic cornbread recipe that is both flavorful and low fat! I made using whole wheat flour, Splenda in place of sugar and the applesauce option thus making this a nice whole grain low fat cornbread that had a delightful sweetness to it. Thanks for the post.