Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my familys favorite side dish with salmon or chilli. It is quick and easy to make.
Make and share this Sweet Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup nonfat milk or 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- mix all ingredients together and pour into a 9x9 inch pan. (Make sure to oil the pan so it wont stick to the pan).
- Bake for 25-30min. Test it with a toothpick and poke it in the middle. It will be done if the tooth pick comes out clean.
A nice basic cornbread recipe that is both flavorful and low fat! I made using whole wheat flour, Splenda in place of sugar and the applesauce option thus making this a nice whole grain low fat cornbread that had a delightful sweetness to it. Thanks for the post.