Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a tasty warm cream chowder.
- 5 slices bacon
- 7 potatoes, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons thyme
- 4 (14 ounce) cans sweet corn
- Sweat bacon in deep soup pot.
- Sauté onion, garlic, thyme just until you see color.
- Add potatoes and cover with broth. Cook until overdone.
- Puree with immersion blender.
- Add corn and cream and simmer while stirring for 5-10 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh thyme or ground red pepper.