Sweet corn bread is a Caribbean bake, from the Dominican Republic. It's a great staple, full of taste and very nutritious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease two 7x4x3 inch bread pans. Shake a little flour in each pan to coat.
- 2Sift the remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together. Gradually mix in the coconut milk and milk.
- 3Cream the remaining butter with sugar until it is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Gradually incorporate the cornmeal mixture and coconut.
- 4Pour the batter into the prepared pans, and bake in the center of the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until golden-brown.
- 5Leave to cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then turn the loaves out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Corn Bread
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 193.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g