Recipe by UmmBinat
Sweet and Yummy. This is actually just an exotic spice infusion, and though called a coffee, there is no coffee in it. From The Complete Middle East Cookbook, Gulf States section, by Tess Mallos.
Top Review by Rita~
Excellent comforting!! I made 1/4 of the recipe for just myself. I used 1 teaspoon sugar, just a pinch not even a 1/4 teaspoon of saffron, 1 cardamom clove 3/4 cup water. Simmered for 20-30 minutes. I served in an espresso cup making for 2 refills. Thanks for the soothing drink. Made for http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=5341048#5341048 January's Tag Game ~ Saffron ~
Directions See How It's Made
- Bruise cardamom pods by hitting with a mallet or pound briefly in a mortar.
- Combine the ingredients in a small pan or large long handled coffe pot.
- Stir to desolve the sugar, then leave on low heat for 30 minutes until reduced and thick.
- Serve in Arabic coffee cups*, filling them.
- *Those small cups the size Chinese tea is served inches.
- An exotic brew!