Recipe by *Alia*
This is very similar to a rice pudding, which is always popular in my family. Add cocunt and pineapple and it's even better.
Sweet Coconut Rice
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 cups cooked glutinous rice
- 1 pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart pan, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, and flaked coconut; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, stirring once or twice; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add glutinous rice and stir until it is evenly moistened.
- Remove pan from heat and cover.
- Caramelized Pineapple: Cut crown from pineapple, then cut off shell.
- Cut pineapple lengthwise into quarters.
- rim off core and cut each quarter into 3 wedges.
- Place in a large bowl, sprinkle with brown sugar, and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread pineapple on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil pineapple 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning once, until sugar melts but does not burn, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, scoop rice into bowls and serve with pineapple wedges.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and mint.