This is a wonderful treat for the kids on a winter morning when you want cinnamon rolls but don't want to take the time to make them with yeast dough. Very tasty and tender. I didn't try them with the milk but I sure like them plain. I got this recipe from Grandma's Kitchen treasured desserts cards. I hope you like them as much as my family does.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Stir in vegetable oil.
- Add buttermilk and stir until just blended.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- roll dough into a 15x8" rectangle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9" round baking pan lightly.
- Spread butter over the dough.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up rectangle, jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side.
- Pinch seam to seal.
- Cut the roll into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange the slices, cut side up in prepared baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15-20 min.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour milk over the top if desired.
- Serve hot.