Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best kielbasa recipe I've ever made. We have it regularly and it always disappears!
Make and share this Sweet Baked Kielbasa Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs kielbasa
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar (light works too)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut Sausage into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Combine worcestershire sauce, sugar, onion, hot sauce and water in a flameproof casserole on the stovetop on high heat. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add sausage pieces and transfer to oven.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour.
Very good, and simple too! I don't always have time to bake it, so I brown the kielbasa a little in the pan, then add the chopped onion and cook until tender. Finally I add the sauce ingredients and cook for several more minutes. The liquid in the recipe doesn't thicken, so I add a cornstarch/water mixture just before serving. Serve over rice; yum!
This was easy and delicious. I didnt add the hot sauce, but it was still delicious! Served over rice.
So much flavor and so little effort. Love love love the sweet and smokey flavor of this dish. I sliced my sausage in 1/4 inch rounds but otherwise made as directed. Served with some cheddar cheese bread to soak up all the lovely gooey sauce.