Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this on a blog called "Stick a Fork In It" and I am posting for safekeeping. It sounds delightfully easy and delicious. Mix it up, throw it in a crock pot and in four to six hours, you have a meal that the whole family will love!
- 4 -6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (thawed to avoid food borne illness)
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients except chicken.
- Put chicken in the crock pot and pour sauce mixture over it. (I usually save some sauce to drizzle over the chicken when I serve it).
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
A good recipe. I used boneless chicken breasts (not frozen). Every slow cooker/crockpot book of directions I have ever read and a few others on food safety on line have said that meats should not be cooked in a crockpot/slow cooker from the frozen state (especially chicken) because the gradual heat of this method of cooking creates a dangerous environment for allowing bacteria to multiply when meat is frozen. Adelle Davis, whose cookbooks promote healthy and slow cooking in the oven, noted that even large cuts of meat from the fridge should be cooked for an hour at 300 (120 C) before being reduced to finishing temperature (180 F), in order to prevent surface bacterial growth.
Easy to make. Delicious. I added 1/3 cup honey to the sauce to sweeten it up a little. YUM!!!
Delicious (used the sweet baby ray's honey bbq sauce)! I opted not to add the red pepper flakes since my daughter would be eating this as well. Will be making this again for sure!