Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by a recipe on paleoplan.com. A simple, weeknight dish that makes enough for leftovers the next day.
- 29.58 ml olives or 29.58 ml coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 453.59 g can stewed tomatoes (with their own juice)
- 236.59 ml chicken or 236.59 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml lemons or 4.92 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped (or thighs)
garnish with your choice of
- toasted coconut, mandarin oranges, raisins, crumbled cooked bacon, mango chutney, chopped onion
- . Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add apple, tomatoes and their juice, broth, lemon juice, and curry powder.
- Simmer uncovered 35 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with assorted garnishes on the side.