Recipe by farmwife
Sweet tasting pickles that pack a punch. First time I tasted this recipe was when a lady at work brought them in.
Top Review by Bergy
What great tasting pickles! I am not all that fond of Dill pickles and have had a quart staring at me for over a year so I cut this recipe back to 1 quart ( used 3/4 oz of Tabasco and 1 cup sugar).I do like spicy. I could not believe how tasty these were after only one night in the fridge. The flavor is sweet but perky. Thanks Farmwife for a simple, great recipe
Directions See How It's Made
- This is super easy to make and will be a sure hit with family and friends.
- Even people that do not like dill pickles like these sweet and spicy pickles.
- Drain all juice off the gallon of dill pickles.
- Slice each pickle length wise and then cut into bite size pieces (about 1/2 inch thick).
- In the gallon jar layer 1/4 of the pickles pieces, 1/2 oz of the Tabasco Sauce and 1 cup of sugar.
- Repeat three more times using all ingredients.
- Let pickles set overnight.