Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings, wing tips cut off,trimmed and separated into 2 joints
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix water, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch in bowl.
- Heat wok or deep frying pan and add oil.
- Add half the wings and fry until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove to a plate.
- Top off frying oil if necessary.
- Add remaining wings and repeat.
- Add ginger and garlic and all the wings.
- Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until done, about 25-30 minutes.
- Stir prepared liquid and add to wings.
- Bring to a boil on high heat and cook, stirring, until thickly glazed.
Delicious. As good or better than I've had in restaurants.