Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is good. Serve with ramen noodles or over brown rice. Either fry the tofu yourself or buy pre-fried tofu.
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml grated gingerroot
- 56.69 g baby corn
- 56.69 g fresh snow peas
- 1 carrot, cut in matchsticks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in matchsticks
- 8 scallions, trimmed and sliced the long way
- 56.69 g canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 226.79 g fried tofu, cubed
- 29.58 ml dry sherry or 29.58 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 158.51 ml vegetable stock
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the baby corn, snow peas, carrot and bell pepper and stir-fry for abut 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the scallions, bamboo shoots and tofu. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sherry, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, vegetable stock and corn starch. Add to the hot pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
I baked the tofu instead of frying it - great flavors! The sauce has a really good balance to it. Could easily put your own favorite veggies in.
This recipe has a great balance of flavors between the sweet and sour. The vegetables were crisp and fresh tasting. I pressed tofu for 30 minutes and marinated it a mixture just like the the sauce, sans cornstarch. Absolutely delicious and perfectly fried! I served this dish over over white basmati rice and sprinkled it with soy sauce.