Used to dip samosas, egg rolls, fish, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a sauce pan, heat oil on low heat. Fry the shallots until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- 2Add the whole chilis and stir frequent as the chilis will cook very fast. They will turn darker when they are done. Remove the chilis and set aside.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients. Let the sauce simmer for one or two minutes. Remove and serve in a small bowl. The sauce will get thicker as it cools.
- 4Sprinkle the fried shallot and chili on top. If you prefer it hotter, break up the chilis into small pieces and sprinkle on top the sauce.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Tamarind Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 286.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g