Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe for vegetarians and meat lovers as well. It's delicious! I found it in the "More-With-Less Cookbook" by Doris Janzen Longacre.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, drained from chunks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup green pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 2 cups cooked soybeans, drained
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add peppers, onions, carrots and garlic. Stir fry for about 3 minutes until tender crisp.
- Add cooked soybeans, pineapple chunks and ketchup. Fry a few minutes and then add sauce ingredients.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and all ingredients are coated with sauce (about 2 minutes). Serve over hot rice. Garnish with chopped scallions if available.
I really enjoyed this! Quick to fix and healthy, too. A good meat-free meal. Used a 15 oz. can of soybeans, rinsed and drained. Thanks for sharing the recipe!