Recipe by Carol
Easy sauce for meatballs. We like to serve this over rice.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Easy to make, good sauce. I had made little Indonesian spiced chicken meatballs and this sauce complemented our meal very nicely. We had some sauce left and I can also add that it freezes well. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC-Spring 2010.
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can pineapple, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of the syrup.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Blend in pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce and water.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Carefully stir in pineapple and meatballs (not included in this recipe).
- Heat to boiling.
- Serve over rice.