Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really nice with tropical rice salad for a hot summer's dinner. Prep time includes overnight marinating.
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pork, cut into 40 1 inch pieces (shoulder or butt is nice)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried hot chili flakes
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (5 lb) ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and cut into 30 wedges
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- In a large bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, garlic, chili flakes and canola oil-add pork chunks, toss well, and if you have a freezer bag pour into that-remove as much of the air as you like and place in the fridge overnight-turnning a few times.
- At this point you can also freeze for later use.
- If using wooden skewers pre-soak 1 hour before using, and you will need 14.
- In a large bowl whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, soy, ginger, salt and sesame oil.
- Preheat your grill to medium high.
- Skewer the pork, pineapple, tomatoes and peppers, repeat until all skewers are done.
- brush skewers with the ketchup/soy sauce and place kebabs on grill, basting often and turning twice.
- Test one for pork doneness.
Made these last weekend, very good Di!! I had some thick pork loin chops, so I took two and cut them into kebab size pieces, probably a little less than half called for, about 16 or 18. Marinated them overnight. wonderful taste treat!! all the lovely summer tomatoes and green peppers, love the combination of pineapple and ginger!!and the zing from the chili flakes. Didn't have any canola oil so sub'd with olive oil, worked fine in combination with the balsamic vinegar. These were really outstanding kebabs, thanks for sharing!!!