1/2 Photos of Sweet and Sour Peppers with Pasta Bows
Anoter recipe from Linda Fraser's "Vegetarian Cooking." Excellent dinner for 2-3 or side dish for 4-6. Posted for my mom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- grated lime, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- shavings parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- 1Quarter the peppers and remove the stalks and seeds.
- 2Place in boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- 3Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 4Peel away the skins and and leftover seeds, and cut the flesh lengthwise into strips.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Put the garlic, capers, raisins, mustard, lime zest and juice, honey and cliantro into a bowl.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and whisk together.
- 8Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until tender.
- 9Drain thoroughly.
- 10Return pasta to the pan and add the peppers and dressing.
- 11Heat genly on med-low and toss to miss.
- 12Transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- 13Serve with shavings of Parmesan cheese, if you like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Peppers with Pasta Bows
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 9.4 g