Aunt Cookie's Note:
This is a really quick side dish, and it's really tasty. Sometimes I eat it as a main dish over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 scallions, whites minced, greens cut diagonally
- 2 red peppers, cut in squares
- 2 green peppers, cut in squares
- 2 yellow peppers, cut in squares
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1Combine lemon juice, tamari, honey, and hot sauce, and whisk until smooth.
- 2Heat wok or other large saute pan on high.
- 3Add the oil, garlic, ginger, chili, and scallion whites, and fry for 15 seconds.
- 4Add peppers and fry for a minute.
- 5Stir in 1/2 of the scallion greens and sesame seeds, and the sauce.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the vegetables and cook for another 30 seconds.
- 8Serve topped with remaining seeds and scallion.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 529.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g