Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a really quick side dish, and it's really tasty. Sometimes I eat it as a main dish over rice.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 scallions, whites minced, greens cut diagonally
- 2 red peppers, cut in squares
- 2 green peppers, cut in squares
- 2 yellow peppers, cut in squares
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Combine lemon juice, tamari, honey, and hot sauce, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat wok or other large saute pan on high.
- Add the oil, garlic, ginger, chili, and scallion whites, and fry for 15 seconds.
- Add peppers and fry for a minute.
- Stir in 1/2 of the scallion greens and sesame seeds, and the sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the vegetables and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve topped with remaining seeds and scallion.
Mmmm...yummy dish! I enjoyed the sweet sour taste in this. I halved the recipe using orange and green peppers. A little heat(I didn't use quite as much jalapeno as directed, I'm a wimp) did it for me! Thanks Aunt Cookie!