Recipe by zoomer43
This is a terrific non-creamy coleslaw recipe. I found it in Betty Crocker's Big Red Cook Book, page 420. I adjusted the original recipe by adding broccoli slaw, and cutting the suger by half.
- 3 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄2 cup white vinegar or 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cabbage,broccoli, carrot, green pepper, and green onions in a large glass or plastic bowl.
- Shake remaining ingredients in a tightly covered container.
- Pour over vegetables; stir.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, stirring several times, until chilled.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Store covered in refrigerator.