Sweet and Sour Cipollini Onions
- In a large pot of boiling water, place cipollini. Boil for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water. Using a sharp knife, lift off skins and discard. Pat onions dry.
- In a heavy skillet large enough to accommodate the onions in a single layer, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until lightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low.
- Sprinkle thyme, brown sugar, vinegar and tomato paste evenly over onions and toss to mix well. Drizzle broth over onions.
- Cover and cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Increase heat to medium high and cook until liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.