Recipe by Darlene Summers
These chops go well with buttered noodles, a good rice dish, or broccoli casserole and a salad
- 6 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (drained and reserve liquid)
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper the pork chops and brown on both sides in a large skillet.
- Using reserved liquid from mushrooms, add enough water to make 1 cup. Arrange onions, green peppers and mushrooms on top of the chops.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, molasses and water; pour over meat and veggies.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour or till meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Remove the pork chops.
- Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling liquid in skillet, stirring constantly.
- When thickened, serve over pork chops.