Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is an extremely simple recipe with common ingredients. Has a nice taste! I find the sauce a little watery so I usually thicken it with a bit of corn starch.
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Catalina dressing
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- cooked rice
- Place onion, carrot and celery in bottom of slow cooker container. Top with chicken.
- Combine dressing, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and juice from pineapple chunks; reserve pineapple. Add mixture to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours. (or HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.). During last 30 minute of cooking, add peppers and pineapple.
- Serve over cooked rice.