Recipe by Ransomed by Fire
This chicken reminds me of sesame chicken from the local Chinese restaurant, only made with a sweet and sour sauce instead of sesame sauce. You may want to double the sauce for extra sauce for dipping or to put on rice.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- msg (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (optional)
- 2 teaspoons water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips or chunks. (Chunks will make the chicken more saucy.).
- Beat egg and milk in a bowl big enough to dip chicken pieces.
- Mix cornstarch, salt, pepper, MSG, and/or any desired seasonings in a bowl to coat chicken.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture and coat with flour mixture.
- Deep fry chicken until breading is crisp. (Do not worry if insides are still pink.).
- Mix sauce ingredients in a medium-sized baking dish. (Double sauce ingredients if you want extra sauce for dipping.).
- Place chicken in baking dish with sauce and bake for about 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- For dipping sauce, mix 2 teaspoons water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch and add to sauce. Heat in a saucepan, stirring, until sauce is thickened.