Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Got this recipe from one of my kids best friends mom. Haven't tried it yet, but looks good and would would out well for a potluck or served over rice.
- 4 slices lean bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) canlow-sodium lima beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) canlow-sodium baked beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained
- Brown bacon in a non-stick skillet, and crumble.
- Combine the bacon, 2 tablespoons drippings from the bacon, onion,brown sugar, mustard, garlic, salt, and vinegar, and mix with the beans in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.