- 4 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, sugar, rum extract and lemon peel tog until light and fluffy.
- Sift tog dry ingredients, add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in butter.
- Bake in greased and floured bundt pan at 350 degF for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then turn out onto serving plate.
- In saucepan cook tog sugar and water until sugar is dissolved; cool and add rum.
- Pour over cake.
- May be served warm or cold.