Cook1 hr 10 mins
Found these on another site that was featuring Scandinavian foods. I made these and added some sauteed mushroom pieces to the sauce, and served this as a main dish over rice. They can also be served as an appetizer in a chafing dish to keep warm. Provide toothpicks for spearing them. My neighbor used to have a Cmas Eve openhouse and served these. She suffered a stroke and has become incapacitated so her recipe is lost. These, if I close my eyes, taste just like hers! So I dedicate this recipe to Joyce....a very dear friend.
- TO MAKE THE MEATBALLS:.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together. Shape into balls. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove meatballs from oven and place in a casserole dish.
- Turn oven temperature to 350ºF.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:.
- Stir together ingredients for the sauce and combine with the meatballs in the casserole.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Let stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.