Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Posted for ZWT 6. Not only does this make a great side dish, but you can make the patties half the size as directed so they're perfect for snacks or hors d'oeuvres.
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
DH made these with Recipe #347339 and they went perfectly together :) I plan on making the potato pancakes regularly as they also made a very nice light lunch the next day, they even tasted better the next day. Thanks so much for posting, Jackie ! Made during ZWT#9 for my team, Tasty Testers :)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk, butter, salt, cumin, and onion powder. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the potato flakes; mix until smooth. Add the parsley and egg and mix again until smooth.
- Form the mixture into 8 equal-sized patties. Brush both sides with the oil and place on a large nonstick cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking.