Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Swai is a terrific choice for those who don't like a fishy fish. It is economical, low in fat, and low in calories. This recipe is an adaptation of another I'd seen here on food.com, but I had made so many substitutions I decided to submit it so I had a more accurate picture nutritionally.
- Combine lentils, turmeric and stock in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When lentils are ready (or just before) In a large pan heat , stir fry cumin, ginger, and cayenne for a few seconds then add lentils. Stir to combine.
- Add lemon juice and coriander. Stir gently.
- Lay the Swai atop the lentils, cover the pan, and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, turn the fish and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Absolutely not necessary, but we serve this over chopped cabbage and use a little bit of sauce similar to that on a fish taco (with non-fat yogurt as a substitute for mayo). When I have found our perfect combo, I will amend this recipe to add it.