Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 8 red potatoes, boiled in skin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cut up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- endive or lettuce
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Add diced onion, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Reserve in a covered bowl.
- In a small frypan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Add the vinegar to the hot bacon and bring to a boil.
- Pour immediately over potato mixture, mix well.
- If too tart, add a little more sugar before serving.
- Cut endive or leaf lettuce, add to this it's very good.
this was excellent and very easy to prepare. i used cider vinegar, about half a cup and only a few tbsp of sugar. this is a great side dish
This is an easy side dish. The vinegary taste may not appeal to everyone, but we found it tasty. I used only half a cup of cider vinegar, more would have made it too vinegary for us. Thank you.
Oh this brought back some good memories from my grandmother too. Thanks. I also used part of the vinegar only because of my sweet tooth. But this is an easy, yet wonderful recipe.