Prep 20 mins
Cook 21 mins
Sushi from the store can be quite expensive...sushi's quite good for you, very easy to make and extremely tasty! Here's a recipe for sushi rice so that you can get rolling!
- 2 cups short-grain rice or 2 cups sushi rice (NOT long-grained!!!!)
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons sushi vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring water to a boil.
- Pour in rice and boil for one minute, uncovered.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Put into large non-metal bowl and cut in sushi vinegar with a wooden spatula.
- Let the rice cool further- one method is to spread the rice out on aluminum foil on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Use to roll your sushi!
- **SushiVinegar** Put vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir until dissolved and remove from heat.
So much easier than other sushi rice recipes I've made and turned out perfect. Thanks so much for sharing this keeper recipe!
This recipe worked like a charm. I was a little worried when I added the sushi vinegar as it looked like too much liquid, but after cutting it in it was perfect. This tasted so good. I will continue to make sushi at home and this is a great addition to my adventure. Thank you for sharing.