Recipe by Serah B.
This is from the David's Natural Market website. Easy vegan toss together dish. It's also macrobiotic.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wasabi (Japanese Horseradish)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 sheets nori, Japanese toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice, water, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 50 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to steam cook another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Add Sesame Seeds and stir frequently while toasting to brown them evenly. Remove from skillet when done.
- Turn rice out into a large bowl to cool, cutting through grain with a wooden spoon to spread it out - do not over-stir.
- When cool, add remaining ingredients, tearing Nori into small pieces. Mix gently and serve.