Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Up class dinner but on a hoagie roll
- 4 lbs rib roast
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) package shrimp, peeled cleaned and tails off (60-80 shrimp)
- 2 large onions (I used Vidalias)
- 4 tablespoons garlic butter
- 16 slices American cheese
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- hoagie roll, 8-inch long
- I put the rib roast in the freezer for about an hr after trimming off as much outer fat as I could (partially freezing the roast makes the roast easier to slice it thin).
- When I slice the roast ( have a slicer) It's not quite shaved but not sandwich slice either.
- I slice up how much I need for the sandwiches then throw it on the grill or in the skillet along with the onions ( you can either slice or dice the onions).
- Then I take the shrimp and cook it up in a skillet w/ 4 tbs of garlic butter ( cook for about 1 min then turn and cook for another 20 25 sec.)
- Remove the shrimp and drain on a paper towel.
- I take the hoagies and butter them and toast them either in a skillet or on the grill.
- I put the meat on first then the American cheese then I put 8 shrimp per sandwich, then the grill onion followed by the layer of provolone cheese then the top of the bun.
- Leave the sandwich whole if you like or cut in half at an angle.
- I use 8" hoagie rolls.