Recipe by AmyZoe
This was posted in the Idaho Press Tribune from Beth Edwards in Caldwell, Idaho (she submitted her favorite recipe). Never has it crossed my mind to make a macaroni salad for dinner, but it's quick and simple and of course, delicious. I substituted pepper jack cheese for more bite and added some dill pickles marinated in garlic (plus a little juice). Serving size is estimated (it wasn't listed). Thank you Beth for your great recipe!
Top Review by Blakey
Yum Yum Yum is all I have to say. I doubled the recipe so I could have some left over, but it everyone loved it and there were no left overs to be had!! I served it with Kittencalskitchen Easy Oven Baked Beans and Pork Chops - Repice # 118821. I put the pork chops & beans in the slow cooker and made the mac salad early. Great easy dinner!!!
- 3⁄4 cup macaroni
- 12 ounces ham, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, bias cut
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Mix with ham, cheese, celery, green pepper, green onions and tops, pimiento, and pickle relish.
- Blend mayonnaise, mustard, and salt and add to macaroni mixture.
- Toss lightly and chill well before serving.