Tempeh and spinach make a Greek salad extra nutritious and tasty with a protein boost.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes or 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup cucumber, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 shallot, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces tempeh, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1Chop vegetables and toss tomato, olive, cucumber, and feta with washed spinach leaves, in a large salad bowl.
- 2Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Coarsely grate tempeh and add to oil with fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried). Fry over medium heat until browned. Set aside tempeh and put frying pan back on stove.
- 3Fry shallots in pan until browned. Remove from heat and add to tempeh, place in fridge to cool.
- 4Mix vinegar, remaining olive oil, and spices in a cup. Whisk with fork until blended.
- 5Pour dressing over salad, add cooled tempeh/shallot mix, and toss lightly.
- 6Serve in two bowls.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Supercharged Greek Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.5
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 1084.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 17.2 g