Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tempeh and spinach make a Greek salad extra nutritious and tasty with a protein boost.
Make and share this Supercharged Greek Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes or 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cucumber, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 shallot, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces tempeh, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Chop vegetables and toss tomato, olive, cucumber, and feta with washed spinach leaves, in a large salad bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Coarsely grate tempeh and add to oil with fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried). Fry over medium heat until browned. Set aside tempeh and put frying pan back on stove.
- Fry shallots in pan until browned. Remove from heat and add to tempeh, place in fridge to cool.
- Mix vinegar, remaining olive oil, and spices in a cup. Whisk with fork until blended.
- Pour dressing over salad, add cooled tempeh/shallot mix, and toss lightly.
- Serve in two bowls.