Recipe by pammyowl
Great for when the delicious Fall apples are in season!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
Delicious, moist and quick to whip up. I don't have two loaf pans so I made one 8x4x2 loaf and a dozen muffins. The muffins took about 25 minutes to bake and the loaf took 55 minutes. Made for ZWT9 Soup A Stars.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded peeled cooking apples (4 medium)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour three 7-1/2x3-1/2x2-inch or two 8x4x2-inch baking pans. Set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, apples, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 30 servings.
- Note: Golden Delicious, Rome, Granny Smith, Jonathan, or Newtown Pippin apples are a good choice for this bread.