Colonial Apple Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Perfect for fall and winter.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 28mins
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled apple
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine the apple cider, raisins, brown sugar, butter, salt and spices in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently while boiling.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Stir the pecans and chopped apple into the cider mixture.
- Stir the mixture into the flour until all the ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into a well greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until the bread tests done.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with the confectioner's sugar just before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION