My mother used to make tuna salad this way and it was the only way I would eat tuna. She grew up in east Texas and I think it is a recipe her family made. The apples give it a special twist and add some texture and crunch. I recently made it for my five year old daughter and she loved it. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to suite your taste but don't be stingy with the apple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the apple into fairly large pieces, about 1/4 inch.
- 2Mix the onion, pickle, apple and Miracle Whip in a bowl.
- 3Stir in the pickle juice.
- 4Drain the tuna and flake it with a fork
- 5Fold the tuna into the other ingredients.
- 6Serve on your favorite bread with a side of plain patato chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Tuna Salad Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.0
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 451.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: