Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I made this by accident when i used too much sugar in the bread part, but everyone said that it was the best strawberry shortcake they had ever had. (original recipe from bisquick box) Strawberries is my own way of making them though!!
- 4 cups sliced strawberries (1qt)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Take half of the strawberries and slice them into small chunks.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar to berries and mash.
- This will bring out the juices of the berries.
- Next, slice the rest of the berries any way you choose, bigger but thin is what i use.
- Add the sliced berries to mashed berries along with remaining 1/4 cup and stir.
- Set aside.
- Heat Oven to 425.
- Now for the dough.
- Mix bisquick, milk, 3TBSP butter, and 1/2 cup sugar until soft dough forms.
- Press into the bottom of a round cake pan.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- About half way through pull out dough and sprinkle cinnamon over top, cook for remainder of time.
- Afer cake is done, i reccomend taking a slice and cutting it in half, pile with strawberries and cool whip and enjoy!
This is quite tasty. My shortbread took a little longer to bake than the recipe calls for (16 minutes), and it was a little more crumbly than I like, but it was still a delicious spring recipe. Thanks!