Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make but quite addictive, this yummy treat never lasts long at my house!
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 dash salt
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (half of a 14 oz can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 quarts popped corn
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and salt in medium saucepan; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add stir in milk; cook, stirring frequently, to soft ball stage (240 degrees).
- Remove from heat then stir in vanilla.
- Pour slowly over popcorn, stirring until caramel is evenly distributed throughout.
- Store caramel popcorn in covered container.
- NOTE: You may vary the amount of popcorn used. I like a little less caramel coating and usually make this recipe with 8 quarts of popcorn.
I made this because I was feeling festive! I am trying to get in the mood of fall! I dont really love caramel popcorn because I dont like that its "hard" so I was very happy I found this recipe! Hands down the best popcorn I have ever had! Thanks for sharing deb!
super yummy and soft! i've already made it twice (needed to use up the whole can of milk) and it is easy and fast to put together. i reduced the butter quite a bit too and its still delicious!! thanks for a keeper. i also like to throw in some chocolate chips and let them melt on the popcorn a little.. mmm
Perfect! What a great treat to share with friends.